Our auto repair shop is conveniently located in San Jose, California. Our quality ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified mechanics at John's Bascom Automotive employ today’s latest automotive technology and are equipped to handle all major and minor auto repair services on foreign and domestic vehicles. Below are some of the many auto repair services that we offer:
We, at John’s Bascom Automotive, are a full service independent automotive repair facility. With very rare exception, we are able and willing to perform most any repair or service you might require on your Asian, Domestic, European, car or truck. We also do Diesel work.
Here is a short list of the many kinds of services we may provide:
- Factory services, mileage maintenances, and oil changes
- Transmission fluid, engine coolant, differential fluid, brake fluid, or differential fluid replacement
- Disc brake jobs, drum brake jobs, master cylinder replacement, parking brake repairs, or wheel cylinder replacement
- Radiator, water pump, cooling hose, or heater core replacement
- Spark plug, plug wire, distributor cap, or distributor rotor replacement
- Check engine light, ABS light, SRS light, electrical, no start, no crank, or smog diagnostics
- Timing belt replacement, or cylinder head machining and replacement
- Transmission repairs and replacement, or engine repairs and replacement
- Power window and door lock repairs
- Battery, alternator, or starter replacement
- Air conditioning recharge, compressor replacement, condensor replacement, or evaporator replacement
See our Scheduling page for more information on how to schedule various kinds of repairs.
We are also a STAR Certified Test & Repair Station. While California’s naming convention for the various kinds of smog stations is confusing, you don’t ever need to worry about that with us — we can do it all. A STAR Certified Test & Repair Station is one that can smog any vehicle — Test Only included — and can repair any vehicle — CAP repairs included. We also smog Diesel vehicles. If you are not familiar with the term CAP, it stands for Consumer Assistance Program, and is a state subsidized repair assistance program for the people of California.
Oil and Oil Filter Service
Experts recommend changing the oil and oil filter in your vehicle every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever is first. It’s an essential way to maximize engine protection.
Cooling System Service
Our team will flush the cooling system, conduct a pressure test, check hoses and cap and check connections.
Air Conditioning Service
One of our trained air conditioning specialists will inspect your car’s air conditioner, all A/C lines, evaporator and compressor for leaks and wear.
We will remove old worn-out gear oil from the front and rear differential and transfer case.
Fuel/Air Induction Cleanup
Using specialized equipment, our technicians will quickly and effectively clean intake manifolds, ports, intake valves and combustion chambers and install injector cleaning additives in tanks. This service will restore lost power and performance and will reduce harmful exhaust emissions.
Power Steering Flush
Our technicians use a powerful cleaner to dissolve gum and varnish in your car’s power steering unit. Next, we will flush old, worn-out contaminated fluid and install fresh new fluid fortified with a special antioxidant and anti-wear ingredients to prevent expensive mechanical failure.
Using the latest in state-of-the-art technology, we will install a safe and effective cleaner to suspend harmful varnish and sludge from the transmission valve body, torque converter and lines and install new high-tech fluid with conditioners.